- 0.1 Introduction of the TWRP Recovery:
- 1 Advantage of TWRP Recovery
- 1.1 Most Popular Features of TWRP
- 1.2 How to Install TWRP 3.3.0-0 Recovery on Android Devices using Fastboot
- 1.3 To Install TWRP 3.3.0-0 Recovery on Android using TWRP Recovery
Introduction of the TWRP Recovery:
TWRP stands for TeamWin Recovery Project. No doubt that it is a fully touch-based & open source custom recovery for Google Android 10 or any lower version of Android devices. You can use it for any custom recovery it is the best after ClockworkMod (aka CWM). You may also use it for Stock Recovery, to install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods. You can root any Android devices using TWRP guidelines.
[su_quote cite=”Wikipedia” url=”https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TWRP”]
Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn’t dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.[/su_quote]
Today we are going to share with you how to download and install TWRP Recovery on your Android Devices. You may also install TWRP on the following devices..
- SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 10 & NOTE 10 PLUS
- SAMSUNG GALAXY S10 5G
- SAMSUNG GALAXY A90 5G
- SAMSUNG GALAXY FOLD 5G
- HUAWEI MATE X
- LG V50 THINQ
- XIAOMI MI MIX 3 5G
- ONEPLUS 7 PRO 5G
- OPPO RENO 5G
No doubt that TWRP was released in 2011, Clockworkmod Recovery is most important but also TWRP had been competed with it. After few years, the custom recovery has developed and has crashed to the top, 50 different OEMs are supporting and give updates on time. There is no one other recovery doing like this one. Everyone enjoy to to see how this one project turned into something, you can’t imagine your lives without its reality.
In this page, you’ll learn how to install TWRP recovery latest version step by step. We also discus on TWRP Advantages, Features and where can you download the latest version. We are going to share with you few highlight features, and at the end of this post we describe in detail a few different steps; how to install TWRP on your Android device.
Obviously TWRP or TeamWin Recovery Project are available in this modern world where everyone want to need a different variety of phone. You may recovery on each and every flashaholic. TWRP will provide you the best design, interface and lot of different features and bundled. TWRP is the best way to boast a complete touch-operable interface, which one made using flashing ROMs and other ZIPs.
Advantage of TWRP Recovery
- Using TWRP Recovery, you may flash Custom ROM.
- You may flash modding zip files to customize the device.
- It is very easy to use Xposed Modules.
- TWRP Recovery give you an easy and best way to Root and Unroot.
- To take full NanDroid backup if anything worng with modding or flashing.
- It provides you quick access to restore the Nandroid Backup of your device.
- You may flash all images and files with TWRP Recovery.
- TWRP is best to remove all bloatware.
- To underclock and overclock.
- Most popular advantage of the TWRP is “You may clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.”
Most Popular Features of TWRP
- To Take a backup of your device partition, everyone may backup completely for a fail-proof rollback guaranteed.
- You an change the brightness using recovery mode, it is best to install custom zips full day, and night.
- All TWRP comes with a Swipe to confirm the flash, that cuts down on lot of accidental flashes.
- Advanced Wipe menu will provide you to choose a wipe on partitions that you prefer or you may go with a factory reset.
- You will organize your partitions personally, and you may also use external USB device.
- No doubt that you may change few zips location using built-in file manager.
- To fix the root permissions by pressing on the Fix Permissions button into Advanced tab menu. Now you should reboot recovery and fix the issue.
- Terminal Command window is also built-in, it always allow users to go berserk inside the recovery mode.
- Finally, ADB Sideload mode allows everyone, it permit you to get system access to fastboot status, and flash the connection from your PC/Laptop.
Off course the above mention TWRP Features are boastful that make truly outstanding. All features provide you best option to stylized menu that is very easy. Now we are going to share with you a complete detail features one by one.
Most Recent or Latest version of TWRP is : 3.3.0-0
It was released on 15, April, 2019. Here we describe you different features of 3.3.0-0.
- To Merge AOSP 9.0 r3 (Dees_Troy)
- To Use ANDROID_ROOT variable otherwise hard coding /system (CaptainThrowback) * Decrypt FBE on 9.0 & metadata decrypt (Dees_Troy)
- Vold decrypt updates (CaptainThrowback & nijel8)
- Support vibration on LED class devices (notsyncing)
- Metadata decrypt support for your device (Dees_Troy)
- Support rotating the display via build flag (vladimiroltean)
- Reboot to EDL mode button (mauronofrio)
- Support MTP on FFS devices (bigbiff)
- Update FDE decrypt to support keymaster 3 & 4 (Dees_Troy)
- Detect mkfs.f2fs version to properly format on f2fs partitions (Dees_Troy)
- TWRP Allow to use md5 and sha256 checksums for zip installs (bigbiff)
- TWRP can use /data/cache/recovery and /persist/cache/recovery on ABC devices with no cache artition (bigbiff)
- TWRP advanced menu is way to use a listbox of options (Dees_Troy)
- Use magiskboot to allow repacking boot images for installing TWRP (Dees_Troy with thanks to topjohnwu of course)
TWRP 3.2.3-0; release date is : 6 August, 2018
- * To Fix automatic installing of OTA zips on encrypted devices
- * Remove SuperSU from TWRP
- * Support both md5 and md5sum file extensions when doing MD5 checking for zip files
TWRP 3.2.2-0; release date of the version is : July 1, 2018
TWRP 3.2.2-0; release is : 1 July, 2018
- ADB backup fixes
- OTA style update zips will now install automatically without prompting for decrypt
- Minor tweaks to handling date/time on Qualcomm devices
- Updates to some language translations
How to Install TWRP 3.3.0-0 Recovery on Android Devices using Fastboot
Before start, make sure that your PC installed with the latest ADB and Fastboot and all of the optimal drivers, and a usb data transfer cable. Lot of people are using this option, it writes the recovery to the partition of your phone permanently, and you may also boot into it or you can boot at any other date on command.
- Before begin, please make sure that your device is unlocked bootloader.
- Have you installed ADB and Fastboot on PC/Laptop with all drivers.
- Make sure that your device is charged more then 60% or your phone must be charge up to 60 percent.
- You must download the latest version of the TWRP 3.3.0-0 Recovery by clicking the this page, link and then scrolling down to find your supported device.
- First of all download the latest version of the TWRP Recovery and move it into the same folder where is your ADB and Fastboot are available. Then please rename this file to simpler such as recovery.img for the future convenience.
- Now please right click your mouse with the shift key, then go to menu and select Open Command Prompt.
- Next you should boot your device into fastboot mode, you may use the following keys. Press the Power Button and Volume Up keys both at the same time).
- After that, connect it with your PC/laptop, and type the following command to confirm the connection :
- If everything’s fine, you should see your device connected in Fastboot mode with a serial identifier next to it.
- Now, proceed with installing the recovery using the following command :
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
(Replace the filename with what you have saved)
- For devices with an A/B Partition, you can’t flash the recovery to the system partition permanently. You will have to manually boot into the recovery every time you want to use it. For that, enter the following command :
fastboot boot recovery.img
(Replace the filename with what you have saved)
- Once done, type in the following command to boot directly into the recovery mode :
adb reboot recovery
To Install TWRP 3.3.0-0 Recovery on Android using TWRP Recovery
We always recommended you the following steps to install TWRP 3.3.0-0 on your Android device quickly. If you would you like to update from an existing TWRP Recovery. Please make sure that, you have a stable build of TWRP running on your phone to target update file.
- First of all download the latest version of the TWRP 3.3.0-0 Recovery and transfer the file into the root of your internal memory.
- Now you should boot your device using recovery mode, lot of peoples do this by pressing the Power and Volume Down keys both at the same time).
- Now carefully to Install, and select Install Image from the below option.
- After that you’ll see all images available on your Android device. Now you know that your target recovery file should show up on there.
- Press on it, and swipe to confirm the flash.
- You may reboot to get the updated recovery by headline over the Reboot menu, and tapping on Recovery.
That’s it! I hope that you’ve successfully flashed your Android device and you have got the latest TWRP recovery. We are available to support you 24/7 and we would like to help you more and more… Thank you for reading.!